Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas in Xeul

On Wednesday Maria and y traveled to Xeul. Each time I get out of the city here I am amazed that at 1 km from Xela you find villages where the people literally do have nothing. No running water no electricity... the comodities we are so much used to and we do find here in Xela (ok sometimes they are not so easy to find or don't work, but they exist) are luxury out there.

Here some pics from Xeul:





As you can see, the region is really beautiful but at the moment as we do have dryseason the "polvo" (dirt and dust) is really a problem for eyes and pulmones. Plus you feel dirty all the time as the dust is sticking to your cloths, skin and hair. I hope that the people who live here don't bother anymore, for me it was quite painful to be true. I have truble getting used to the contamination and dust here in Xela, everytime I wash my hands or blow my nose I get reminded about how dirty it is here (not to speak about the color of my white macbook :)) But here in Xela it is nothing compared to the countryside where they have cut down the corn plants now at time of harverst where I really suffered.

Well I promised you some more pictures of the kids who have received their Christmas presents thanks to you!!
Here you go - enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Power to the Merlins said...

what an amazing life you have!.....

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zum Glück git's no di Blog! Wöu i di per Mail nüm cha erreiche tuen i dä haut missbruche für di z'frage, wie ni mit dir cha kommuniziere. Please let mi know! Muntsch Katrin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home