Thursday, December 07, 2006

the heat of Retahuleu and Champerico

My god time is flying, we are in December and the whole town of Xela is pumping with jingle bells and frosty the snowman... Well Xmas has been sold well here! I don't really get in the mood as it all seems a bit to plastic and with about 25 30° during the day I don't feel like Christmas yet.
Speaking about the heat, on Sunday we have been in Retahuleu for another concert of the Fonda del Che, what a heat there... 35°C min and about 98% humidity. Poor artists who had to play and sing in this heat! As the concert started around 2.30 pm there was no audience, I am sure they where all inside their houses for siesta, who can blame them. Well at the end at around 5 pm some came out to listen to Emilio singing.
Have a look at the crowd:
Heovani, Anabela and Marcos
Emilio, Marcos and Eric practising for the concert
here the whole crowd, that is I think Eric is missing because he was playing.
Btw this was the last concert the Fonda will perform under the patronat of King Express (something like the Guatemalan FedEx), On Monday we had a message that King Express is closing (bankrupt) and Yovani and his friend won't have a job as from Dec 15th on... Great news fro Christmas!!

Here a glimps of Champerico!

It was just great! We arrived late, so no more sun but as the water is about 26°C the full moon was warm enough :)

On the way back out car broke down... I guess the heat and the fact that we were 6 people did not help the old lady..

Mtfbwy
oh, and once for a chance leave me a message too

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! sounds like you are having fun, fun, fun. So is the weather getting warmer now? So that means Dec is a good month? I remember Xela could get sooo cold in July . . .

Wow, that was half a year ago almost. Time flies by . . .

Miss you,
Hermanito

 

Post a Comment

<< Home