daily live in Xela
So I hear you want to read more about what I do? And I received some remarks that you see me only surrounded by men? hmm, how can I change this picture you have now? Well I just tell you what happened in the last few days.
On Tuesday I was invited by Maria Antonieta to join her for a conference of the "Red de la atencion a la victima" (mainly social workers who in the majority are female) and imagine this, it was a workshop about "autocuidado, autogestion". So I learned how I should take care of myself and not only work for others. We did some massaging of our hands, lit some candels and burned some incense, it was really enlightning. Well I am not fair now I suppose, probably this subject is something really new here and they try their best. And in the end I even took away some new ideas for myself and I told myself that I won't work my a** off here but enjoy more. I am not sure if this is possible in Dec as we have so much to do at INEPAS at the moment but in Jan I will relax (I hope).
Here a pictures from the many women that surrounded me this day.

The man in the pic is the guy who held the workshop. Btw we also got tips that there are 101 ways to show your love to your partner next to having sex...
On Wednesday we had a concert of Andine Music in the Fonda, nice for a change. In this picture you see a Swedish Girl singing, forgot her name but she is female ;)

Oh, I did not tell you that I met a great person called Claudia, yes female and Swiss. I spend a lot of time with her too, she is really great and we can speak Swiss German together. I don't have a picture from her because we usually just sit together and chat here in Xela, so not really the picture moments, but I will ask her if I can take a picture and show you my female friend.
So I hope you see I don't only hang out with abusive macho Guatemalan men but do also have some decent female company. Don't forget that Maria Antonieta is a woman too and I spend most of the day with her.
In this sense some very feminin greetings!
Mtfbwy all, men and women!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home