Mexico II
Oh and then I had to go to the frontier to renew my visa... or as you do it here to buy a new stamp which allows me to stay in Guatemala for 90 days. This time we went by car and went to the frontier of Tecun Uman (Guatemala) and Hidalgo (Mexico). At the frontier the official explained to me that I could not return on the same day that this was against Guatemalan law and that I had to leave the country for 72 hours... well then he added :) but if I wanted to pay a 200 Quetzales fine, I would be able to get the stamp and return to Guatemala. So there are laws but when you pay a fine you get what you want...
Anyways we spent some time in Hidalgo to buy some tequila for the fonda, which turned out to be more expensive than in Guatemala, but we had a blast and bought a lot of funnies and golosinas.
So I have updated you on the last week, now I owe you some pictures of my trip to Salama on the last weekend and we are up to date.
ff

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home