Thursday, August 23, 2007

viaje al lago

Wow, I wanted to write you earlier, but since I've blogged last time many things have happened... Well but first things first!
I don't know if I told you that I met Traci. She's from the US and spent 7 weeks in Xela whereof she spent every other night in the Fonda. Well and one night we found out that she herself is a singer and songwriter and so she ended up performing at the Fonda on Tuesday nights (check out www.fondadelche.blogsource.com). Well this Traci had the good idea that I travel with her to the Lago de Atitla, where she was to spend her last week here in Guatemala. And as I thought this was a grat idea, I did.
Have a look at some amazing pictures of the lake and the volcanoes. It was so relaxing to be in San Marcos de la laguna, I can only recommend this place to you guys.
This is the wonderful view of the lake from Hotel Jinava, where Traci and I stayed for one night. A very recommendable, very quite spot. The right thing if you want to relax or are on a honeymoon.

View on the volcano San Pedro

Traci at breakfast in a wonderful place in San Marcos. In all these towns around the lake there are a lot of tourists and therefore you get all this great food, well not that Guatemalan food is not good but as a change some European or US specialities are just delicous.

Francine at the lake in Panahajel after one day of shopping for artesanias.

Evening view on the volcano.

So what do you think, wouldn't you want to travel to this wonderful place. Well would be great to have one of you visiting some time!
cheers

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guatemalan food is not great food. FRIED PLATANAS.
:)
Just kidding. I know you're a great chef.

Hermanito.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home