Tuesday, November 14, 2006

La Fonda del Che live - Hueuetenango

Most of you may already know that when I was here in July my dear lawyer brother and me have spent most of our evenings in the Fonda del Che, a nice little restaurant-bar, where we fell in love with the trova music.
Well I still spend quite a lot of time there and am already considered one of the crew as I have been helping them out when they are short of staff. I enjoy this very much as the music is wonderful and working there gives me the possibility to support some really great and generous people who try to keep art alive in Xela. The main objective of the fonda is to give young (and old) artists of Xela a platform to perform. Emilio, the owner is also giving guitar and singing lessions to young talents and is organizing art exibitions and conferences in his little restaurant. Unfortunately you can not make money with this in Xela, as most people just want to go out get drunk and find someone to go home with. Well in the Fonda you can't get drunk as you are not served more alkohol before you even notice you are drunk. So they don't really sell much and they also don't cover anything for the live music... not really a concept that works well from a enterpreneurial standpoint but it is for sure great to see that some people still work for their ideals and not only for money.

Well on Sunday the Fonda Crew organized a concert in the Parque Central of Huehetenango and I went with them.
Enjoy:
On our way to Huehue we had a flat tire... well these things happen more often in this part of the world.

Some musicians took this break as a chance to practise a little.


As you can see we were travling very luxuriously in the back of the camioneta with the rest of the equipment :)

Eric Rolando

Josemilio Talva

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - lawyer brother that's me!!!! Sorry I have not been able to chat w/ you on MSN. Long story short, my internet explorer works on a different server from my other lawyer-type of applications, so I don't often see your msgs until too late OR I really need to finish "urgent work" and wld hate to just say hi and bye . But we have to have a lng and proper chat soon so that I can find out everything about your life in Guatemala! you've been there for 2 weeks already. MY GOODNESS.

Ok i'm going to stop rambling. Can't wait to chat sooooon.

hermanito.

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi "choco"

Put yourself more in the picture, it's nice to see you alive (and pretty much boys around, hmmm...well, well).
Seems you have lot's of fun, I really appreciate that, but it's still strange to be apart.
Love & Hugs

fuchikoma

MTFBWY...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home