Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hot Weekend

I have told you a lot about the climate here in Xela and how cold it can be at night, especially in December and January. Now about mid March the temperature is rising and the nights are still chilly but not as cold as before. During the day the sun is quite hot and I have actually used my sandals one day and am not far from putting on a skirt for a change.
But I tell you I was not prepared for the heat I was to encounter on the cost.
On Sunday morning we left around 9.30 am for Mazate where we were to meet some friends of Emilio who would join us for a weekend in (for the Fonda weekend means Sunday and Monday) in Churririn.
Once in Mazate we were to see a Guatemalan monkey in action:

Emilio showing us that not only monkeys can get hold of a fresh coconut.


Heovani and Arlo enjoing "agua de coco", this is not only delicious but also presumably very good for your stomach.

Well but this was in Mazate and we were ment to go to the cost, this time really to see the ocean. So here some pics of us sitting at the beach:

Arlo an Alaskan who is living in my house (I think I have not told you that I live now with several people) and is also performing in the Fonda, Heovani, who you probably know by now and la Suiza with white legs.
As Arlo is from Alaska the Guatemalans thought he is an Eskimo and asked him if he lives in an Iglu :)) quite funny, but seeing Arlo at the beach with 45°C was funny too!


Emilio and Anabela in the waves. the water temperature was about 30°C so not really refreshing but still quite enjoyable.


Sunset at the beach and the gang.


Well and this is how we passed the night.






here you see Arlo the Eskimo suffering from heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home