Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Amorcitos


Today I finally visited my amorcitos in the Hogares Comunitarios. It was great to see them again and (por supuesto) I took some pictures to share my "alegria" with you.
Just for your info, I won't be working directly with the kids this time, but will dedicate my time to help Maria Antoineta, the coordinator of the Spanish school and social worker for the Social Aid project.
I will for sure be in contact with the kids and see them from time to time but will mainly be working in the office of INEPAS in Xela. At the moment one of the priorities of Maria Antoineta is to keep the school alive as the number of students is going down. As you may or may not have read on the website of INEPAS (www.inepas.org) the Social Aid department is funded by the money the organization is earning through the school. So I will most probably be working on promoting the school to get more students and find ways to make contacts with Universities and schools in Europe and the US. So if anyone of you know some people working in the Spanish Language department of a Universitiy or any other educational institution which may be interested in promoting and cooperating with INEPAS let me know I will send you more info with great pleasure. Also if you know someone who could help me in translating the organizations website to French and/or Italian, please let me know.
So, for now I stop asking for help and will post some lovely pictures.

Take care and Mtfbwy +



2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schön, dass es Dir gut geht!! Die Bilder sind auch toll,dann weiss man wenigstens was Du so treibst. Wenn Du mal jemand für eine französische Korrektur brauchst, dann kenn ich da glaube ich schon jemand, aber er kann sich websites erst wieder im Januar ansehen...
HUGS
Anne.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Francine,
Looks like your settling in.

Its hard to imagine what your getting up to as its like another world but I enjoy reading your blogs!

Keep them up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home